I posted a photo of the name banner before, but this week I had the time to make two of them! Shocking huh?! Actually I did it while MJD was crafting at his table or sleeping.
So here's the low down on how to make one:
- Buy 4 different 1/4 yard of ribbon (in the picture I'm posting I used only 2 fabrics b/c of the color scheme she wanted, so mine is a little smaller than normal.)
- Use pinking scissors to cut the fabric into about 1" strips. Here's a picture:
- Use a long piece of ribbon to hold everything on and tie the fabric strips onto the ribbon with a simple knot. (Yes, it will look like it's flying everywhere, that's okay.)
- Cut out a shape background from card stock so it's a little sturdy. I used a Cricut machine, if you don't have one you can just hand cut the paper with some template.
- Then cut out a smaller shape to layer on top of the large background. I alternated my color pattern, you can do whatever you want.
- Then cut out your letters for the name you want to use, or saying. Glue them all together and punch a small hole in the top of each backing. Use a piece of ribbon to attach the letter to the banner and you're done!
- Hang it on a nursery or bedroom wall or door.
- Instead of a name use holiday words and holiday fabric to decorate your home for the seasons such as Valentine's Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Make for a baby shower.
- Use for a birthday party either with a name or HAPPY BIRTHDAY
- Give as a holiday gift with words such as NOEL, FAITH, JOY, etc.