You know those good ole Gerber cloth diapers that are super absorbent just not super cute??? My girlfriend picked up a package of them on sale not too long ago at Wal-Mart and some cute fat quarter fabric to decorate them with.
So here's how I got them from simple burp rags to super sweet burp cloths for sweet little Charis
- Cut your fabric strips to be 4.5" long by about 16" long.
- Fold under the edges so that you have it in the size you want for the middle of the burp cloth. I did about 1/4" on the long sides and about 1" on the short sides. Be sure to press your folds well.
- Cut out Heat 'N Bond fabric adhesive and fuse it to the wrong side of your decorative fabric, peel back the paper layer then fuse it to the burp cloth in the thicker middle strip of the fabric. (This step is not essential if you don't want it to be, but I recommend it to make sure your fabric stays where it should be while sewing.)
- Use coordinating thread and sew the fabric into the burp cloth with about a 1/8" seam allowance so your stitch is as close as you can get to the edge of the fabric.
- Now enjoy burping your baby in style!