Friday, March 18, 2011

Personalized Tumblers

So if you have followed my projects for a while, you know by now how much I adore all things personalized!!!! When my crafty mama friend Emily showed me her tumbler, I knew I had to make one. While she used acrylic paint to decorate hers I turned to my trusty Cricut and used some vinyl for mine. And with some girls throwing me and my little bean a baby shower, I decided to make some for thank you/appreciation presents for them. 

Process and Supplies:
  • Vinyl sheets for the Cricut (got mine online super cheap)
  • Double walled tumblers from Wal Mart  (These are not dishwasher safe)
  • Clear paint sealant for acrylic from Michaels  (This is dishwasher safe) 
  • Small foam paint brush to apply sealant

I cut out the vinyl with my Cricut in a 4" letter and 2.5" burst shapes using the Lyrical Letters cartridge. Attached the letters to the tumblers and then sealed the outside of the tumblers with the sealant. (Memo: You can't wash the tumblers for 10 days with the sealant because it takes that long for it to permanently seal into the plastic. The actual dry time is about 3 minutes, but it will permanently alter the cup so it can be washed over and over without coming off or spoiling.)


Finished project....Love me some reusable and personalized cups!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you mind telling me what the name of the sealer you used is and also did you just apply to the edges or over the entire vinyl graphic? Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Love these!! Thinking about doing this for a VBS project, but I'm not sure what the sealant is either. Can you tell me exactly what the brand is or post a picture? I have 2 weeks to get all my supplies.