Sunday, March 21, 2010

Learning to love patterns

I’m always said I couldn’t really follow patterns, so I never bought them. I just kind of got an idea in my head, made the item the wrong way a dozen times till I figured it out, and just sort of learned it on my own. 

But the other day I went with a girlfriend who was going to buy some at Joanns when they were 5 for $5. So I figured, what the heck, I’ll give it a try. For $1 it won’t be too much of a waste if I ditch the project. Well low and behold it turns out that reading a pattern is a lot easier than looking at something and trying to engineer it in your mind. 

Needless to say, I’ve now become hooked on patterns. And knowing that the patterns will get as cheap as $.99 or $1 keeps me from buying them at a full price of $15.95.
While it’s been fun working on different projects, I must say all the snack bags sitting in the workspace that should get done and posted to the shop are still just sitting there.

0 comments: