Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hand Stamped Jewelry

So last year I got it in my head that I wanted a hand stamped necklace. And of course, being me, more than wanting to buy one and wear it, I wanted to learn how to make it! So late one night I went online and bought all the supplies and thought I'd give it a go.

Well with so many Etsy stores that sell them, I'm not sure I really have a big chance of selling them. Other than the fact that I price them right. Some stores are seriously high priced, but it must work for them.

The past week has brought in a few jewelry sales which has been encouraging and led me to post a few more necklaces in the shop. So here are some shots of them.

These are of the initial necklaces with the Swarovksi crystals.








This one is of a name necklace with a birthstone crystal.


The only thing not so great about necklace making is that there isn't any room for error. Once you screw up you can take out the seam ripper and give it another go. The silver slips and you've got to start all over.... grrr. But then again, getting to use a hammer to make something pretty is sort of fun!

I've ordered some new stamps, a star, dragonfly and dog bone. I'll make some small discs and post those once they show up. Mocha might even get a new puppy necklace :)

0 comments: